Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag Front loading washer, Model MAH5500BWW. Washer fills

Customer Question

Maytag Front loading washer, Model MAH5500BWW. Washer fills and drains but will not agitate or spin. Code Lr appears on the little timer screen. I hope that it's just a RESET button or the door isnt closing properly and is an easy adjustment. Please tell me....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me check your model. I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you need more info from me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok this problem is going to have to do with the door lock assembly, you need to replace it. this is a common problem on this machine. heres the lock assembly. Part 893839more than likely the problem of not closing correctly is the latch assembly is not fully disengaging so when you try to close the dorr it wont shut correctly. I will find the best price for you on this part shortly. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is available for $51.22 at this site Sears wants $64.00 and the other site gets $55.00 so this is a good price. hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it difficult to replace? Can I do it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
not to bad when you get the part let me know and I'll walk you through it. you have time on this quetion just come back on and I will help you. thanks Bryan