Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I replaced the timer on a coin operated kenmore washing machine.

I replaced the timer on a coin operated kenmore washing machine. To make it work, I must manually advance the time until the machine comes on. After the cycle runs, the timer is not in a postion to automatically start again when coins are inserted. How do I adjust the timer so it is in the right position?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this a slide in coin reciever?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I charge $1.00 a load.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok can you get me the model#? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

model number 110.20172001

the part number is XXXXX was sears=3955668

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok the part you probably need to adjust is the clutch on the timer which is part # XXXXX on this diagram . http://www.searspartsdi rect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=11020172001&productCategoryId=0153100&brandId=0582&modelName=COMMERICAL-AUTOMATIC-WASHER&diagramPageId=00003&componentDescription=METER%20CASE%20PARTS&documentId=K0507020&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list this must be in a striaght up possition to hit the cion shute arm which pushes in and past this clutch and when you pull the cion shute back out it pulls this forward and starts the timer. in otherwords the cion slide goes past this part and then on the return pulls the clutch back and starts the timer. if this isnt catching the clutch on the way back out it wont work. you need to unscrew the little screw and put the clutch in about the 12.00 oclock possition then you will see the coin shute push by the spring part and catch it on the way back. engaging the timer.