Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Scrubmaster 820 and it seems to have a little valve

I have a GE Scrubmaster 820 and it seems to have a little valve on the bottom left corner in the front where the water hose comes into it. That valve is apparently not closing and is leaking water all over the floor during operation. What is it and what is the most likely problem or remedy?
ok this is the water inlet valve. is it overfilling the machine or is the water dripping on the floor at the valve? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The water is coming out pretty fast onto the floor.
you may have a crack in the valve. when you shut the water off under the sink does it stop? the water is comming out near the valve and not up over the door right? let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I manually close the valve with my hand while it is running the water stops.
ok is the water continually comming into the machine while its running. when the machine is off the water doesn't leak right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Correct the water doesn't leak when it is off.
it sounds like the float is sticking or the vavle is sticking its going to be one or the other. this is the float , Part 943405it will be under this cap. inside dish washer. Part 270642it should be on the left side when you open the door. take the 1/4" screw out and lift this up and down see if you hear a click this will be the float switch clicking. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hear it clicking, there was a lot of gunk around the sides of it.
ok good . did you clean the gunk from it? if you did try it again and see if it still leaks. your float may have been sticking and keeping the valve open.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That seems to have fixed it, thanks.
thats great. well wishes and thanks, Bryan