Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My gemini range displays error code F1-2. I replaced the oven

My gemini range displays error code F1-2. I replaced the oven sensor and the error code still appears. What part should be replaced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well you were right to replace the sensor ,
F1:-2Runaway Cook Lower oven Check oven temperature sensor, replace if necessary
there are times though that the erc (electronic range control) can cause this error though it doesn't say it in the error code , did you replace this with original part or after market part? this can sometimes cause the problem to re occur, check the connection at the sensor. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe the part to be Maytag part number 12001656. Where is the electronic range control and how can that be replaced
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also moved the sensor from the bottom oven to the top oven and the error code remained F1-2.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is the sensor you replaced right? Part 1364 this looks like the after market replacement even though it says maytag part and it is maytag but because this is made to fit different ovens it makes me think this is a universal sensor and this may not be calibrated correctly for you oven. these are very sensitive as far as ohms goes and sometimes there off by just a bit and will not work correctly. I've run into this before and had to order the original to make it work correctly. can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maytag Gemini Model No. MER6770AAW. If the sensor was bad why didn't the error follow the sensor to the top oven when I swapped the sensors
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

it should have. thats why I believe you have a bad erc. heres the erc. Part 400632this is the clock assembly or (erc). this lists for $227.00 but they have had allot of problems with these.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could the error be coming from the Hi Limit switch
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no I dont believe so. its eather the sensor or the clock assembly. if it was the high limit the ovens wouldnt work at all. these when they blow cut all power to the ovens. its a safety to stop overheating and fire hazzard. Part 704536if this was bad neather oven would work.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.