Michael R
Michael R, Mechanic
Experience:  working for 31 years in the field, all makes all models
10974363

I have a Samsung RF266AB refridgerator. The ice maker tray

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF266AB refridgerator. The ice maker tray overfills and forms a block of ice. I think it is overfilling. I have found a plastic part in the ice drawer. The sensor hangs down. I need to know how to rethread the sensor tube. Need a schematic or instructions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael R replied 8 years ago.
Hi, this is Michael, Your icemaker has a spring-loaded screw that is on the front of the head that sits horizontally. You will see a + and - sign above it, with a thin piece of metal that the screw goes through. Turn the screw until the thin piece of metal is in the - zone more. You may have to adjust it a few times
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No screw. This is a side by side model with the bottom freezer. I can't see a screw. The ref is only 4 mos old. The icemaker worked fine until the pull out drawer was stuck. I think a plastic clip that holds up the ice sensor has been popped off but I can't see how to reattach it. Is there an installation diagram or instructions for the icemaker? I think the model might be DA59
Expert:  Michael R replied 8 years ago.
<a href="http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_6.asp">http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_6.asp</a> Here is a link to an exploded view of an icemaker, place your cursor over the parts, and it will show the actual part, tell me if this is similiar to yours, and if the part you are refering to is in the mix.......Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks I have a schematic from appliancepartspros.com/sect/g/v/t/gvtnneyble.gif. which I think is correct, but I can't tell how to thread the sensor or reattach the plastic piect.
Expert:  Michael R replied 8 years ago.
I will need to opt out because I have the same information and without being there, I am of no help to you............
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks