Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I used the self cleaning option on my GE Profile Convection

I used the self cleaning option on my GE Profile Convection double oven. In the middle of the cycle I get an F2 error code and the oven won't unlock or stop beeping. I have 82 people coming for a party in 5 hours. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
Control senses oven temperature above 915F-930F If actual over temperature condition occurred: Look for welded relay contacts. If this happens, replace oven control (also called clock or ERC).

If no over temperature condition occurred: Look for a high resistance connection or any other cause of high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit. Check sensor, sensor harness and sensor harness connection at sensor and oven control. Replace sensor if found defective. Check door lock switches.

Remember: Oven control (ERC) measures resistance of sensor circuit , not actual oven temperature

before worring with this do this ,,,,, set oven to self clean and wait till you hear it lock down and then cancel the self clean and wait 15 minutes and see if the latch does not unlock for you / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

While I was waiting for your answer I hit the clear button several times and the self clean button and the beeping stopped and the error message stopped blinking but the door was still locked. When I got your e-mail I hit the self clean button and the clean light came on and the time set feature but the door opened. When hit clear (with the door open) the lock light came on (how it looks when the lock is activiated and now it won't clear. I am afraid to close the door fearing it may lock. Now what do I do?

go to the breaker box and kill the power to the oven and count to 30 and flip it back on hard and it should reset the oven and you can set the time and it should be ok then / larry