Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag electric dryer (neptune) bought in 2004. All

Customer Question

I have a maytag electric dryer (neptune) bought in 2004. All lights light up and "pf" flashes in time slot! dryer will eventually go on if you fool enough with the controls.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you get me the model #.? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have it with me. I'll have to update later
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok let me know, it sounds like you have a bad connection. pf means power failer so i'm thinking its something loose and looses power at times.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check the connections between the board. shown here Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=and the control panel. first
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A serviceman, from sears, came and looked at it said something about a membrane? I assume that the connections were checked. Could it just need a new board? All the lights flash on it when we try to start but after 10-15 attempts and if we can get the time set to a specific time, it will run. Most of the time it runs if we set it to 41 minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok that the control panel. they call it a membrane. I assume they checked the connections when they were there. the menmbrane is shown here, Part 824684it list for $154.00 on the net but let me see if I can find it for a better price. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I found that control for $119.33 at it will ship monday if you like . hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I received what I thought would be a control panel inside that plastic cover, but it was only a plastic cover (membrane?). Took the old one off and connected the new one to the "control panel" and it does the same! I continue to think it is the control board that needs changing!? What do I do with two "membranes" now? HELP!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may need to change the control board also. the service man should have check on the board and tested it, I dont believe the membrane can be returned sorry. when he told you membrane thats why I thought he tested everything , the cheapest place I've seen this board is unfortunatly sears was giving you the wrong info which in turn made me think it was the membrane. he should have tested it further. sorry to see you have to spend more money. wish I had known more about your situation. Bryan