Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My kenmore dryer is only 2 1/2 years old. It just quit like

Customer Question

My kenmore dryer is only 2 1/2 years old. It just quit like it's getting no power. It does not turn on or no light in dryer...nothing. I checked the house circuit and it was fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The dryer worked fine, when I went to use it again it was like it was unplugged. No light in dryer when door is opened and it will not turn on. I checked the plug and it is fine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok well i believe you have a bad thermal fuse in this. I can guess at which one you have in yours but without the model # XXXXX cant be sure. there are two types. this is one type.Part 2986for kenmore. depends on your model where this would be located on machine, if you open the door there should be a tag with the model #. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>I'm not at home right now. I will send the model number in about 15 minutes </p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok all I got was a bunch of xxxxxs instead of model#. try putting a dot between #s. the automatic system thinks you trying to send a phone# XXXXX something. it automaticly xxs it out. thanks bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>1.1.0.6.6.7.3.2.5.0.0.</p><p> </p><p>one one zero six six seven three two five zero zero </p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
got it! let me look it up. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok this ones easy. first off I had the right one. this is in the back of the machine ,if you can unplug the machine and take the back off you will see this on the blower assembly near the middle bottom of machine. if you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity then pull the wires off it and you should get continuity across the two spades if you dont its bad. if you dont have a meter you can put the two wires together and tape them good and plug it in to see if it starts ,if it does then thats your problem. do not leave this like that though its a safety and if you leave it jumped out you could have a fire. this is for testing only. let me know thanks Bryan. p.s. the part is only around $15.00
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I'll have my husband give this a try. One more thing I needed was what is the name of the part? Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
its called a thermal fuse ,. part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNand heres a good site to get it. its only $11.78 link to site http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3 , thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hope this is put down that I already paid..........the website is asking me to pay again.

Thanks again
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you paid, you dont have to pay again . thank you Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.