Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Frigidaire refrigerator stopped cooling. Is there a reset

My Frigidaire refrigerator stopped cooling. Is there a reset button for the compressor. The unit is getting power, the compressor fan is running and the light is on in the unit. I completely cleaned out the coils yesterday afternoon (they were very dirty). The unit is 6 years old. It is a 28cf unit with the freezer on the left side and refrigerator on the right. It has the water / ice dispenser on the freezer door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

If the compressor is not running it will not cool. there is an overload/start relay attached to the compressor where the wires hook onto it. sometimes just replacing this item will make it start working again, however if the windings in the compressor is gone then it is not going to help...Repalcing the overload/start relay is a simple process and for the most part a quick fix...