Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Frigidaire fridge not making ice. How can I fix it?

The icemaker is not working in my Frigidaire Gallery Model PLH567EESB9 made in 8/2005. Is there a quick trouble shooting idea before I call a technician?

Look at the back of the ice maker. The white fill tube that comes into it. Do you see ice inside of it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No. If it helps the ice maker is model #241548801

Ok grab the fingers in the ice maker, pull them about half inch. The ice maker will start a cycle. If the ice maker fills up, the ice maker is bad; if not the water valve in the back left corner is bad.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The icemaker is empty. I pulled the metal contraption and nothing happened. How do I access the water valve? Is the white hose on the back of the icemaker a water valve? I think mine is frozen. That can't be good. What to do next?

Is the white thing frozen?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes

Ok then this means the water valve is bad. The solenoid is not shutting all the way. You will need to thaw the white tube out then on the back of the unit. There is a valve on the back right you need to replace this part. I can look the part up for you if you want.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes please. What is the valve part I need to order and where /who do I contact to order a replacement part?

How do you suggest I defrost the white tube? Thanks for being patient.

Can you double check the model number for me?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ice maker Model #241548801

What is the model on the white sticker inside the fresh food side?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Model PLHS67EESB9

Ok thanks. The best way to defrost the tube is to take it out and run hot water through it. If you do not want to do that you can use a hair dryer. Here is a link with the part you can order it from them as well. Copy and paste the link below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PLHS67EESB9+-%3d%3dc292i1259226&PartID=1259226