william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

maytag oven. my self clean oven will not clean. when press

Customer Question

maytag oven. my self clean oven will not clean. when press button, beeps twice with no display
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Does the bake or broiler work?

Can you tell me if the oven is Gas or Electric?

And the complete model number as shown on the sticker in the oven door jam or the door jam of the bottom storage drawer.
Waiting your response!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Gas oven model # XXXXX

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Does the oven bake and broil?
But just not clean?
Waiting your response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The oven does everything except clean. I had this unit less than a year and never use the self cleaning. Decided to use it today and found out does not turn on.

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hiya,Customerbr />
If the oven does not clean but the bake and broil cycles operate properly

More than likely on of these thee components are not working properly.
1.Electronic range control (ERC) is defective
2.Door latch mechanism
3. Smoke eliminator

You have a one year warranty so do not try to repair it your self or you will void the warranty
.

Did you completely read the user manual as to how exactly to operate the self clean faetures?

The repair manual tells us this:

Check to ensure the controls are set properly. If the controls are properly set and the oven will not clean, you will need to check the clock/timer. There is normally a Fault code that will appear when the electronic range control (ERC) is defective. Also check the oven selector, door latch mechanism, and smoke eliminator for proper operation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes i read the manual. the manual gives vague answers. Next, What? default code, nothing appears on display. just beeps.

The guys that installed my oven set my oven

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

sorry to butt in i read the service manuel and it states that this is a programe error turn breaker off for 5 minutes then turn back on and try again

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i just unplug the oven and replug it. guess what? now it cleans. forgot the 101 on repairs.

thanks anyway

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
im glad it worked for you
william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate