Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool washer will agitate, but will not spin. Began as

Whirlpool washer will agitate, but will not spin. Began as intermitent problem and if started cycle from beginning, it would spin, sometimes after 3 or 4 times of restarting. Today couldn't get it to spin at all.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
can you get me the model # ? I think i know your problem and its an easy fix. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok you need to replace the lid switch. this is located in the control panel . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I do allot of these. heres a video on how to get the control panel up. you wont need to watch this whole video just until you see the type control panel screw possition to lift your control panel. the switch will be under the panel on the left side looking from the front of machine. there will be a depresion clip to release this switch and a ground wire. lift the lid up as you replace this there is a rod that will catch the switch and not allow you to get the old one out and new one in. replacing this switch will correct your problem. thanks and please dont forget to press accept for ythis is the only way i get paid for helping you. well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just so I understand, can you explain why it began as an intermittent problem and would work sometimes, almost like ever fourth wash, and then not work for a couple of cycles?
yes because thes switches are made of plastic and the part that holds the switch in place is also plastic so after a while they get weak and tend to flex in and not hold the switch tight this lets the switch move and not engage sometimes. its kinda sad everything today is plastic.