Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher soap door is not opening at the correct time

Customer Question

My dishwasher soap door is not opening at the correct time and the soap is not dispensing . I don't know if the heating element is broken or if the timer is off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you get us make and model#? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Maytag Performance Dishwasher PDB2600AWE

After the run cycle the soap door is open but most of the soap is still there.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your problem is probably going to be the wax motor acuator on the dispenser. Part 1405just changed one of these two weeks ago for same reason. click here to get the part. its about $21.00. you need to remove the inner door panel to get to this. hope this helps. thanks , and please press accept or I dont get paid. well wishes Bryan, p.s. you can still come back and ask more questions after if you need to.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Does this come with an instruction manual by any chance?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well it really doesnt but once you get the inside door cover off its pretty easy to install it has two wires on it and really just snaps in. watch how the old one is inserted into the dispenser. this may be helpful to you click here. these are diagrams on the dispenser. some of these you have to take a little more off to get at the wax motor so check the diagrams as you go. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your help, hopfully you just saved me the cost of a new dishwasher.

God Bless...

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem when you get the part come back if you need to and ask more questions. glad to help. thanks Bryan