Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

Hello, my Maytag Double Overn Gas Range MODEL MGR 6775. Problem

Hello, my Maytag Double Overn Gas Range MODEL MGR 6775. Problem: the upper over door handle fell off. I attempted to get part on line they sent a screw that does not seem to hold it on. There seems to be some type of bracket that was missing from the start, I believe it is off warranty, and is about 4 years old, I did have an extended warrantly   Help please   Terry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello Terry
Does the handle have a plastic hole were the metal screw goes into is the plastic piece stripped out?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it looks like a brass nob of sorts that has a screw inside but it will not hold the handle on, I am concerned that this was broken from the start and was fixed and finally just fell off, I bought it from Lowes.
Ok great this is a common issue the handle will need to be replaced i dont know why they put a plastic hole for a metal screw to go into but they do you need to get a new handle to fix this issue.