Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

The problem us with my 48 side-by-side jenn air refrigerator.

The problem us with my 48' side-by-side jenn air refrigerator. The freezer builds up with ice. It freezes the fan and icicles form. I need to remove the interior panels and remove the ice every 6-8 weeks. The door alignment and insulation seems to be in position. The unit is about 3 years old.
Hello this is a very common issue you need a new evaporator drain pan they have redesigned the pan. There is no part number on the kit you have to call maytag and they make the kit and mail it out it comes with directions to install the new drain pan and how to cut the thermistor out of the unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You!
You bet this kit is a breeze to install if the unit is defrosted so unplug the unit for 24hr before you begin it makes it a lot easier!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is the evaporator pan on top in this model? Hope I dont have to pull the whole thing out its a monster!

Yes its a monster but it rolls out easy you do not have to pull it out though. You have to take the ice maker out and all the housing going up into the top of the freezer pretty straight forward job if the unit is defrosted.Once you see the pan you may have to pull down on it kinda hard they get wedged up there that is the hardest part like i said there is instructions with the kit though.