Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Hello, My Frigidaire Gallery model FRT22IRSHB3 refrigerator

Hello, My Frigidaire Gallery model FRT22IRSHB3 refrigerator is set to almost the coldest setting, yet food and beverages are only slightly cool. Can you help with this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 8 years ago.
Hello do you see frost on the back panel in the freezer section also is the fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello, No frost, and yes, the fan is running.
Ok great can you remove the back panel in the freezer four 1/4 inch screws and tell me if there is frost on the whole evaporator or just in the top right corner??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

As I started to remove things from the freezer, I see that there is indeed frost on the back panel...I didn't see it at first glance.

Ok great this is a common issue you have a defrost issue. You need to get a volt meter you need to check the defrost heater it should ohm out at 20 to 30 ohms if so check the round thermostat on the evaporator it should have continuity i would suspect the thermostat has gone bad very common issue if the thermostat test ok the control will need to be replaced it sits on the right side in the fresh food section its called a adc control.