master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
13501207

I cannot figure out how to add Rinse Aid to my KitchenAid Dishwasher

Customer Question

I cannot figure out how to add Rinse Aid to my KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDSO1DL-SS6
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 7 years ago.
you take that blue cap off and dump it in
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no blue cap to take off so Rinse Aid cannot be 'dumped in'. There is a gray lid that pops open to reveal a black circle with a slit in the middle. This does not come off. Are you looking at the right dishwasher?

dose it not look like this? http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-8558128-%3d%3di1060786&PartID=1060786

your cap might have fell off and you need a new one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is my second reply in case the first did not go through. First the dishwasher was installed in 2005. There is no blue 'thing' to remove as you suggest. There is just a gray door that is on a hinge (like the one where you add dishwasher detergent). Below that hinge is a round black circle with a diaganol slit. That is all. No matter how often I put rinse aid in there, it always says it needs more.
how much rinse aid are you putting in there? it should take almost a full bottle ( if you get the small ones )
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately.This does not answer my question.
what is your question you asked how to fill it up.

then you told me that you knew how to fill it up but it uses it to fast

dost your dispenser look like this one? http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-8558128-%3d%3di1060786&PartID=1060786
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No.
How is it differant? Because I looked that one up with your model# XXXXX is what it should look like
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mine does does not look like that. You cannot remove the top and pour in the liquid. Let's just forget the whole thing and and send back my money.