Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My coin operated Maytag Neptune makes a clicking sound and

My coin operated Maytag Neptune makes a clicking sound and will not start. All was fine until it just stopped in the middle of a wash cycle. I have taken the front off the washer to investigate. The clicking does appear to be coming from the control board area, and washer appears to be stuck in the rinse cycle. I also tried pushing of the door while starting the washer, but it did not work. Washer Model number: MHW19xxaww
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Does the door lock light come on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the display does say door locked. See attached picture.graphic
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I know you gave me the correct model number, however there is a limited amout of parts on this machine it show available, the clicking noise is most likely one of w items, the first is the cold water inlest on the rear of the machine is bad or clogged, make sure this is clean, the other is the motor controller causing the problem for you, however everything is pointing to a clogged or bad water inlet valve.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Chas, I wanted to thank you for your help. After receiving your feedback I was able to get into the washers diagnostic mode by turning the maintenance key, then pressing the knits delicates button for 1 second. After the screen started flashing I pressed the woolens button which started a 10 minute test cycle.

During this test I was able to hear the hot and cold water valves turn on, then after two minutes the tub motor turned on. I allowed the cycle to completed with clicking noise turning on periodically. After the test cycle completed I realized the washer did not let the water out of the tub, so I removed the drain pump.

When I removed the pump I found a hair pin jammed in it. After removing the hair pin from the pump the washer started working properly.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Glad to hear that....have a nice day....
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Chad, can you confirm receipt of payment. I'm having some difficulties with the payment service
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Yes payment has been received, Thank You.

Chas