Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

MAYTAG GAS STOVE MODEL # XXXXX WHEN I TURN OVEN ON THE

MAYTAG GAS STOVE MODEL # XXXXX WHEN I TURN OVEN ON THE BROILER WORKS FINE, BUT WHEN I TURN THE BOTTOM OF THE OVEN ON THE GLO BAR WILL LIGHT UP, BUT GAS DOES NOT COMES OUT. TOP WORKS FINE, HELP
good morning ,,, if the ignitor will not come on then it will not let the gas come though ,, you need to replace the ignitor (glo bar) ,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $73.99 online at www3.sears.com but you may find it cheaper at a local parts house ,,, hope this helped / larry
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the glow bar lights up fine, but no gas is comimg out, i even tried a lighter it did work once
if the glo bar does lite up but not to bright white glow its not putting current though it enought to open the gas valve to let the gas in to lite