I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

my dishwasher has an inch of water left in it. I tried pushing

Customer Question

my dishwasher has an inch of water left in it. I tried pushing the drain button and also cleaned the air gap any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ya,Customerbr />

Here is a list of about five common problems that can cause this drain back up.

If you send me the complete model number of your dishwasher I can send you the diagram of how to open the drain and clean it out.
It may already be in your user guide.

Defective Motor

The water pump is driven by the drive motor. If the motor is defective, the pump will not operate and the water will remain in the tub.

Defective Pump
Most but not all dishwashers incorporate a reversible motor. By using a pump impeller and wash impeller, the action of washing and draining is accomplished by the reversing of the motor. If the drain impeller in the pump is defective, the water will not drain. Check the pump impeller for proper operation.
Defective Timer
The timer is a series of switches that controls all machine functions. If one of the contacts in the timer is defective, the machine will lose that function. knowledge of the the use of a vol/tohmmeter is essential to testing the timer as well as the ability to read the timer sequence chart that is supplied with the machine. In most cases this requires a professional technician.
Drain Line
Check the drain line for kinks. If the line checks out visually, it could be an obstruction in the line.
Garbage Disposal
If a garbage disposal has recently been installed, make sure the knock out for the dishwasher drain hose has been removed. You should also make sure that no items under the sink have been pushed into the drain hose. Any kink or crimp in the hose can cause it to stop draining
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks it's a kenmore elite #665
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Please look for a sticker on the machines door jam or inside on the wall with 11 digits as the model number. Kenmore uses 11 digits
Example 110.12345678
The serial number will be below the model number.
the number you send is off the user manual and not the complete model number.
Waiting your response.
Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
665.15912001
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ya,
oggobeer

If you pushed the drain button and nothing happened, then you have a clogged pump or drain passage or drain hose some where.
You can try to open it and see if you find the clog.
Unfortunetly this time it may take a on hands tech to do this if your not sure about taking
it apart and putting it back together properly.

I recommend checking the drain impeller #11, check valve #15 & the drain hose connection under the sink. If you have the drain hose connected to a newly installed disposer, be sure you knocked out the plug. If you have the drain hose connected to an air gap, check it for restrictions. Please see the image provided for more details.
graphic

It sounds like the drain pump is defective. Disconnect the drain hose under the sink & place it in a bucket, start the dishwasher in a drain cycle. If no water drains out, you will need to replace the drain pump.
graphic
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks , I have a guy I can call. I'm afraid I'll take it apart and forget how to put it back together.
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Thank You