william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Neighbors Miele G880sc Turbothermic Plus intake/drain indicatior

Neighbor's Miele G880sc Turbothermic Plus intake/drain indicatior lamp is on steady. Removed and cleaned intake filter. Intake filter was slightly clogged. Cleaned and reinstalled. Water hot and pressure good. Tested at the water intake outlet before reinstalling the intake filter assembly. Flushed out system before reinstalling intake line. Cleaned and removed drain pumb. Ran a cycle and can hear two or three pulse of water entering dishwasher and then the red light came on again. Drain line found some carrot peel at the vacuum air break and some in the water pumb drain well. What should I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

after you you cleaned everything out did you re-set the machine

if you are satisfied with my answer please press the green accep button this is how i get paid for helping you today thank-you and have a nice day!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, I did not re-set the machine. The Miele user guide did not provide me with that info.

How do you re-set the machine? If this does not work what next?

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

since you allready did some of this top half dont pertain to you okay

Check that the stopcock is opened fully or whether the water inlet hose is kinked...Check that the water inlet filter is not clogged and clean it, if necessary, as described in the operating instructions....Check that the drain pump is not clogged. This can be cleaned as described in the operating instructions....Reset the error message as follows: To cancel the error message, turn the rotary selector switch to "Stop/End" or press the "Start/Stop" switch for approx. 5 secs. Then switch the appliance off and then back on again. If the fault message reappears, please contact the Customer Contact Centre.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the info. Will try the reset the machine. If problem continues will inform neighbor to call the Customer Contact Centre.

Thanks again.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

no problem good luck

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate