Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When we run are dishwasher, The soap is still in its comp

When we run are dishwasher, The soap is still in it's compartment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
do you have a model number for thit unit so I can better assist you please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
when the water doesn't wash away the soap in the soap cup then that means 1 of 2 things. Either your pump pressure is very low, or you are stacking too many things in the front left corner of the bottom rack so water can't get through it. We'll talk about the lower pressure situation.

OK so I've included a breakdown of the pump below so you can see how to take it apart and reassemble it.

First thing you need to do is take out the bottom rack. After that you need to remove the bottom wash arm. To do this, grab the center plastic nut with your pliers and spin the washarm off. Next, you must take off the arm that goes to the back feed line. This comes out by turning the arm about 45-50 degrees in the clockwise direction. It clips onto the back arm so unclip it as you are turning it. You have to turn HARD, do not worry the plastic is sturdy and will not break. Just remove that arm and also the plastic nut.

Ok now we're down to where the picture shows us. There are 4 torx screws holding on number 1. Remove these screws and pull up on number 1 to take it out.

After that you will see all the rest of the parts. You must take number 8 off. There is one screw holding the plastic cover number 8. Remove this and DO NOT remove number 6. That is the part you are trying to get to. That part CAN NOT be easily reinstalled so just clean the screen with a toothbrush, but please do not remove it because it's very difficult to install and I have no tips on how to do so--- it's just a battle.

That should be about everything.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, I need to call whilpool and see if someone can come and fix my dishwasher?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
well you can deffinately do that if you think this might be too involved. If your dishes still seam to be coming out clean on the top rack then I would just assume you might be blocking the water path to the dispenser--- you can test by not stacking anything at all in the front left corner of the bottom rack to test.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I would like to thank you for your help. The dishes are still dirty when I run the wash cycle.

Thank you again

Sharon Brunotte

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
no problem and glad I could help you. Good luck!