Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Double Oven Model #911.4842992 I have a F1 code with

Customer Question

Kenmore Double Oven Model #911.4842992 I have a F1 code with a constant beeping. What does it mean and how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me chck that code for you, I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How long do I need to wait by my computer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
F1 Analog to Digital Failure Disconnect for 30 seconds - if display re-appears - replace control
this is what the code comes up as. there is a ribbon connecting the board (control) to the touch pad. you need to unplug this for 30 seconds then plug it back in and if the re-appears you need to change the control assembly , tghis is the control.Part 254387and this is the touch pad, the ribbon you see on the left side is what you should unplug.Part 254292remember to shut breaker off before attempting any repair. sometime spraying this connector with contact cleaner and letting it dry for a few minutes will solve the problem. the contacts get dirty.and dont connect well. hope this helps . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The second picture is the control unit. How do I get to the ribbon.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me get you diagrams .this takes a few minutes, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
here are the diagrams. you need to take the control panel out to get at this. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd;jsessionid=fBZxw9bsd5pIKujd88sZKg**.shcapp3205?modelNumber=911.4842992+&pop=flush look for screws underneath when you open the door. get them out and see if cotrol panel comes off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

If this does not work what is my step?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well at that point if this code re appears you will need to replace the control. lets hope it works this control is over $350.00 , allot of the time cleaning the contacts will do it. you can get electronic contact cleaner at radio shack or even Lowes, it comes in a spray can. just ask for it. thanks and hope this works. Bryan, p.s. if you have more questions I'll be here. please press accept its the way i get paid for helping you. the question will still be open if you need me more.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

Thanks. We will give it a try. Since this is the first time using you when you say the question is still open how do I get you?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
after you accept the question will still be open unless you close it , so you can just come back on and ask another question and i will get it sent directly to me, its automatic so I'll get the question, (otherwise I'm the one locked on your question) its that simple. thanks and good luck , I have a feelling this will work. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

I have taken the face plate off but not sure which ribbon I need to disconnect. There are many connections. Your initial instructions said on the left but is that for the second unit. There is a ribbon on the left as I am looking at the unit but do not see how to disconne ct.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the ribbon you see comming out of the left side of the picture of the touch pad is the one you need to remove. this should plug into a black connector on the board. on each end of this connector is little tabs you lift up on them and the ribbon should just pull out then. there like little clamps to hold it in tight.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I will try it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I'll be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

I was able to pull the ribbon out and wipe it clean with a paper towel, but still got the beeping. I tryed Lowes for the electronic cleaner but they did not have any. I called Radio Shack and asked them if they had anything. They said they just had things to clean the dust. Is this the electronic connector cleaner you are talking about. Do you have a name of a product?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
they have a brand called crc. industrial QD contact cleaner . radio shack carries contact cleaner I think they call it electronics cleaner i've bought it ther myself many time, they may not have the brand mentioned above but they do carry it. i checked lowes and the brand they carry a brand called ideal and its $7.95 a can anyway the radio shack here is closed i cant get the name of it for you but i know they carry it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Our Radio Shack is open to 6pm. I will try them. Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem. let me know hope it works. thanks Bryan