Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my brand new Kenmore 48112 FL washer does not seem to take

Customer Question

my brand new Kenmore 48112 FL washer does not seem to take in enough water. Clothes is barely damp. Is there a way to adjust (calibrate) water level?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
when you take the fill hoses off and put the in the tub does the water flow strong? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, water flow is very strong. Installed new shut-off valves, flushed supply hoses prior to attaching, screens are clear of obstructions. Water level is very low for both hot/cold water, wash and rinse cycles.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well i wish I could tell you what to do on this but you say this machine is brand new and if you try to repair it in anyway yourself they will void your entire warranty. the best advice i can give is to call the number on the book and have them send an authorized warranty repair tech out to find the problem. I would hate to see you loose your warranty. thats the best advice I can give you, hope this helps. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The answer I'm looking for is a manner to adjust (re-calibrate) internal component controlling water level. I am an electrical engineer with very good understanding and troubleshooting skills. Maybe I wouldn't consider myself an expert but not from it. I can fix just about anything, but each device/appliance may have unique features built-in. Loss of warranty is not an issue.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok I'll try , I need the rest of the model # XXXXX proceed. its incomeplete. look for the tag on machine. it should start with a 3 number prefix then a dot and the rest of the 3. let me know thanks Bryan