Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I replaced the water dispenser lever on my frigidair side by

Customer Question

I replaced the water dispenser lever on my frigidair side by side and now can't get anything to work. No power geting to ice maker or water. The lights don't come on. Nothing happens. The rest of the fridge and freezer work ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is it still making ice? And may I get the model number also?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is still making ice and the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Icemaker still works. modelFRS26H7CQ4
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
First make sure that you just don't have the controls locked on the front..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean by locked
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have totaly taken thewhole thing apart.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have taken apart and put back together 2 or 3 times. It is apart now
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
does this look right to you .....and it only died after you installed the lever?
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yES. tHIS WHAT i HAVE AND YES IT STOPED WORKING AFTER i PUT IT TOGETHER
you need to pull the plugs back off and make sure they go on the plug right cause if they are off even one pin it will do this ,,,, do it and let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHICH PLUGS DO YOU MEAN? I HAD THEM ALL OFF
you need to check all of them ,,, any one thats not plugged on just right will kill the control
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will put it back together again. Hope it works. I will let you know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I put it all back together again and nothing happens. I don't suppose the is a fuse anywhere,
sorry to be so long ,,, internet went down on me ,,,, there is no fuse on this unit ,, sorry ,,, it blew the relay on the board ,, part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand it cost online at www3.sears.com but you may get it cheaper local ,,, its number 38 on this picture / larry
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I put it all back together and it still doesn't work. There is electricity up to the main board in the unit but it is not getting through. The connections all seem tight.
sorry to be so long ,,, had to go out of state for a funeral ,,,, thats why i said you will need to replace the board inside the dispenser ,,, part number isNNN-NN-NNNN/ Larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have ordered the part and will install and let you know. I will make sure the power is off when I put it in. I will save your message and get back to you. I made an appointement for repair man but will cancel it.
ok ,,, save the repairmans money ,,, we can fix it haha .... just let me know and yes be sure to unplug the fridge / larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the new power board. I have one problem. There is a power ribbon that goes from the power board (38) to the light board(38C). I can't figure out how to disconnect it from the power board.
it should have a small tap that you will mash in as you pull it off
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had the fridge unpluged and got everything together and when I plugged it in nothing happened. I am not sure but the may have been a flash of light on the front panel. It does not work. I have no idea what I can be doing wrong>
unplug the fridge and pull the wires back off and reinstall them ,,, if they are not on just right they will not work and if they are off just one pin it will act stupid ,,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could it be that I am connecting to the wrong connectors?
its possable but as i said if its even one pin off when pugged in it will not work or they may have given you bad part
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is almost impossible to connect wrong but it would be easy to put the wrong wires onparts 38A. There are 2 upper and 2 lower connection at that point and they don't seem to be color coded.
without being there i cant see them but you may have them on the wrong connections
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking closer at the power board they sent. It is not exactly the same. The new one has a larger transformer and fewer solder points and the sloder points are not arranged the same way.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still looking at the new power board and acroos the top is printed REV B and P/N   40551800 The old one has printed in the same place REV A and P/N 40507900
when you hook it up and before you put the front on push in on the buttons on the board and see if it works cause if the front panel isnt lined up with the buttons on the board it may now work eather