Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidare Gallery FRS26ZGE. The freezer side is working

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare Gallery FRS26ZGE. The freezer side is working but the frig side is warm. I vacuumed underneath but it wasn't very dirty. Is there some I can do or replace myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you tell me if the fan is running inside freezer? also do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor? pull refrigerator away from wall and listen.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the fan is running, actually non-stop. Did not hear any clicking or buzzing from the compressor.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you hear the compressor running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I dont hear it running but it is warm, sorry didn't see that you had responded again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats ok . do you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer section? remove the food and look real good. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes near the bottom
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you have a defrost problem , are you able to remove the panel in the back of the freezer inside? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes but will take a few minutes. Has hex head screws and shelf rails
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok when you get it off let me know,thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok back is off and looking at a significant amount of Ice/frost build up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you more than likely on this model need to replace the defrost thermosat. this is it. Part 401its under twenty dollars. you will find this at the top of the coils . take a hair dryer and defrost all the ice and frost from the coils this will make refrigerator run correctly until you can get the part. plese press accept its the only way i get paid for assisting you. you can still come back and ask more questions after. feedback and bonuses are always appreciated. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan,

Your service is terrific, not only did I save money but I learned something and all on a Sunday morning. (Blows that theory about old dogs)!

Thanks again!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your very welcome . when you get this defrosted put the panel back on and let it run put your sttings on about half way on each and it will get back to normal , this sometimes takes a little while because your defrosting this and making it warm but after about 8 hours you will see. this shouldnt get like that again for about three weeks so you will have time to get the part and get it installed. thanks again well wishes Bryan