applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

We have a Maytag MDB5600AWB dishwasher, 6 years old. The dishes

We have a Maytag MDB5600AWB dishwasher, 6 years old. The dishes and glasses were getting partially cleaned. The detergent seemed to be getting baked on to the door and utensil dispenser, and little tiny specks of soap were on the glasses. A repair man said it was the motor, I don't think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
How is the water level when it fills up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am told by my wife the repair man said the tub would fill up.
Can you fill it a couple times and check the water level ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Uh oh. Well I could if I put all back together! I took the motor off from the bottom, jut to see if I could do it, before I bought a new motor. Then I found your website. I was thinking of putting it all back together today anyway, just to make sure I could do it. Do you think I should do that before we proceed any further? BTW the repair man's diagnosis was bad circulation motor assembly.
It can be the motor. If the detergent is not getting rinsed off then I would be looking at two things, not getting enough water or the motor not pumping enough pressure through the spray arms. The coil on the valve may work good for a fill or two, but it can act up after it gets warm and may not let in enough water, That's why I fill it up a couple times. After 6 years if the motor is not too much you may as well put it in, you have it tore down.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The motor is $137, from one site anyway, a new comparable washer $500. I guess I'll try the motor, can you recommend a place to buy one?
I buy my parts from or sears, where ever you get the best price.