Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

Hi I have an Amana side by side SRDE520S fridge...bottom half

Customer Question

Hi I have an Amana side by side SRDE520S fridge...bottom half of fridge and freezer cools but top half is at room temp. I've defrosted it, taken off all ice of the evaporator coils. Evaporator and condenser fan are working fine. After defrost the evap coils are frosting with about 2 hours use but no cooling on top half of fridge and freezer....Help..Vic
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
Hello Vic,

Can you notice if there is air coming ou of the upper vent of the fridge section?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HI....I've looked thru' the fridge in detail and I can't locate any vents on the upper part. The only two vents seem to be between the freezer and the crisper at the bottom and the vent for the beverage chiller. That seems to be generating cool air. I thawed out the evap coils and have restarted the fridge for about 3 hours now. It's beginning to get mildly cooler even on the top but not as cool in the past....thx...vic
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
Hello Vic,

There should be one on the upper left side of the fridge section. That would be the source of coldness of the upper part.

Then observe it further if the frost at the freezer side would accumulate again, then you could have a problem with the defosting of the unit.