John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

maytag gas dryer. Sometimes it heats ,sometimes it doent.

maytag gas dryer. Sometimes it heats ,sometimes it doen't.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi How long does the heat stay on , and how long is it off for
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am not sure at this time.I will have to wait until the morning to go where the appliance is.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

If It stays on for a short time and not come back on again

Its a part you can replace

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am going now to put a thermometor at the exhaust port and see what readings I am getting.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
at initial start up of Maytag gas dryer mod.ldg7334aae,the ignitor lights the temperature at exhaust go to 150degrees and cycles off. After this all that happens is the gas valve makes a little noise the glo-coil lights but fire does not light. I pulled the wire off of the censor at the flame tube while glow-coil is red but the cycle just shuts down. I pulled the wires off of the two wire thermostat on the flame tube and I have continuity when cold.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
at initial start up of Maytag gas dryer mod.ldg7334aae,the ignitor lights the temperature at exhaust go to 150degrees and cycles off. After this all that happens is the gas valve makes a little noise the glo-coil lights but fire does not light. I pulled the wire off of the censor at the flame tube while glow-coil is red but the cycle just shuts down. I pulled the wires off of the two wire thermostat on the flame tube and I have continuity when cold. If you would like give me a phone number to call or call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 7 years ago.
appliance doctor is offline so i will help you out.

after the first start up fire the flame dose not come on again at all? also when it does this the ignitor is still glowing right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
After initial startup and after going through first heat cycle,all that happens is i get a little noise at the gas valve the glow-coil lights but then the cycle shuts down and no flame. I waited for this happen a few more times .Do you have a number that I can call? I am not very good with this computer.
no sorry were not allowed to give out our phone numbers. but your doing fine.

so the cycle shuts down meaning the dryer shuts off or just the res glow after a click?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b4a8c249i3415&PartID=3415

Hi

Here is the part you need to replace Its the Igniter If you need more help I am here for you Please accept

The Appliance Doc

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The ignitor(glow bar) heats up but the flame is not coming on.then the cycle stars over again after 30 sec. or so.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The ignitor(glow bar) heats up but the flame is not coming on.then the cycle stars over again after 30 sec. or so.Your text messages are coming through but they are not opening for some reason. I can receive text but can not send.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi thats how the bad solenoid acts

The glow coil will light .But If the coils are bad you get no gas

Replace the gas coils

Hope I answere youir question

Please Accept

The Appliance Doc

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.