Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer starts and heats up and runs for about 10 to 15 minutes

My dryer starts and heats up and runs for about 10 to 15 minutes and than shuts down. All vent lines have been checked and they are clear. What would you say is the most likely problem>
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
can you restart the dryer right away or do you have to wait a bit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I beleive that it starts right back up when I push the start button.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
can I get a model number and can you try it to make sure? this is a pretty important question so I want to make sure that you can restart it right away or not.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is an Amana and the mfg. model is PLEK20AW.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
can I get the model number? The manufacturer number is XXXXX going to help unfortunately.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Model Number is XXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok and are you running the dryer now to see if when it stops if you can restart it right away?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When is shuts down, it will only start right back up if you hold the start button in. If you let the off the start button it will stop. If you wait about 5 minutes it will restart with just a push of the start button.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok that's what I thought. This model is a very simple model. The problem is going to be your motor. Your motor is overheating and the bearing is seizing up especially when it gets warm. This is a somewhat common issue with dryers as they get older. Here is the part you are going to need to get your unit working properly again

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.