Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Fedders dehumidifier model HS 969306. It ran good

I have a Fedders dehumidifier model HS 969306. It ran good for almost 3 years. I just noticed that the fan runs but the compressor does not. Is there a reset? Is there anything I should check or try ?
there is no reset on your unit and if the fan is blowing but compressor isnt then on the try of unit you have then you have a bad compressor ,,, the sealed system has a 5 year warranty on it so if its only 3 years old i would call a warranty service to work on it cause if you do you will void the warranty and if they do then it will be no charge for parts or labor / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The service page of my booklet says 90 days parts and labor warranty????
as i remember thats parts and labor but not on the sealed system and the compressor is the sealed system ,,,,, if you have to have it replaced out of your own pocket you will be looking at $300 - $400