John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Fridge Noise, Motor seems to be louder than usual. Fridge is

Fridge Noise, Motor seems to be louder than usual. Fridge is only 8 months.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Please send me the make and the model # XXXXX motor is noisey
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello appliance Doctor,

The mytag fridge is 598 lt with water and ice dispenser. it my haste to locate the model number at the back of the fridge the noise seemed to quite loud at the rear approximately 1/2 way up on freezer side. I have tapped the back and for some strange reason the noise has reduced.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi Is there a small panel there or just flat where you tapped to stop the noise

Was it noisey in the freezer as well

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Appliance doctor,

I can't say if it was noisy in the freezer as it is a bit chilly in there....Next time the motor cuts in I will check the inside of the Freezer. I have noticed that it has't necesarily been packed correctly. Is it possible for a object to force pressure on the rear fan. In regards XXXXX XXXXX the back of the fridge where the fan is housed, is it possible that the noise has reduced as the fan has been restrcied from working?

Sorry I just noticed the second part of your question while attempting to be humerous. It is a flat panel at the rear.

Cheers

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Yes It could do that. thats where the fan is located behind the freezer wall .

And frozen foods can push up against the fan housing

Please Accept If I helped you

The Appliance Doc

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have just checked and repacked the freezer and it is considerably quiter now. there appears to be stream of cool air moving thru the freezer so i am assuming the fan is operative.

Thanks for your help once again.

cheers

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Great glad it worked out for you

If I helped you Please Accept Thats how I get paid for helping you

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.