I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Fisher&Paykel smart drive washing machine top loader ModelGW709AU.

Customer Question

Fisher&Paykel smart drive washing machine top loader ModelGW709AU. Faultless for 10 yrs until now. At start of cycle will try and fill (tried cold,hot and warm)but stop filling after 5 scs. Does this several times then stops trying to fill and then beeps every second. Powered off for 60 secs per user manual but same thing happens. Any ideas.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
HiYa,
best1

It is just the "balance switch" got jammed with the scum. Give a good clean, it will pop-out,and work again!
The "balance switch" is located behind the panel. You can find it connects to a white plastic lever hinging down next to the dum.

If the balance switch is corroded. - parts around New Zealand $15, and takes about 5 - 10 mins to change.