Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE Profile model WPRB9220D1WW. After finishing a

I have a GE Profile model WPRB9220D1WW. After finishing a load of wash I have just recieved a code E43.
Is this the first time you have seen this error?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes this is the first time ..
Is the door locked now?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had found the intruction under the back panel.. and the e43 code referres to "excessive Brake in the Drive Line .. do you think something in the transmission may be the problem?

No the Door is open ann the cycle has completed it wash, We were ready to reload for the next load when we saw the E43 code
I just checked, this caused by the most part by friction in the gearcase and will most likely require the replacement of the tub bearing to repair. A real pain to do... you may want to see if the error returns again just to make sure that it was not a fluke error that came up, unplug the machine for 30 minutes and try it again..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I gues I will have to remove the Tub and motor and the transmission and the drive pully and platforms in order to get to the bearing ... Right?
Everything if I remember correctly can be done from the top on this model, I do not believe you have to take it completely out of the machine., however it has been so long I am not positive..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you    I will find the part and go from there
Your welcome, Please ACCEPT