Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

wirlpool thin twin loose belt to tighten ?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Which belt the washer or the dryer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
washer belt model lt7000xvn
Whats loose thebelt or pulley?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Don't know if pulley is loose, all I know is that the belt is off and not sure how to put it back on. There is no wear and tear on the belt

Put it around the motor pulley and spin it onto the drum pulley.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need to know the entire procedure from square one until the last bolt is replaced

Remove the back access panel.The motor should be at the bottom.In the middle is a pulley.Place the belt over the motor pulley.Start to put the belt around the centre pulley.Spin the pulley while guiding the belt on.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the back off and it is kind of difficult to even tell what the pulley is, the machine is currently laying on its side, should it be in the upright position?
Yes this is a front loading machine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, it is a top loading machine, you wouldn't have any pictures of how the belt looks when it is on?
Your machine does not have a belt.
The model# XXXXX gave me says it a direct drive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well, the part that is hanging looks like a belt and it has two groove shapes, so, what else would make the tub not drain the water? It could be a gasket of some kind, I know I just need to get it re-attached;,thanks for bearing with me

So the machine wont drain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, it won't drain. what about the part that is no longer attached?
Where is this part located.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's between the tub and the transmission, it is a notched rubber gasket???yet can't see where to re-apply. It is about 8 inches in diameter.
Is it about a 1/4 inch wide like a foam rubber.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, is rubber and black
It just goes around the body of the gearcase. Doesn't really do anything.Hook the machine back up.Put it in spin let me know if it spins.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It may take a few minutes, we need to hook the hoses back up . Thanks again for being patience. Will let you know
Ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tom, just wondering if I could just not hook the water up, would it still spin? Sorry just takes alot to get rid of the water
No you don't have to hook up the water.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, it does not spin, but just makes a humming noise
Ok on the top.The console should have 2 screws in the console near the corners remove them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dryer is on top of the washer, have already removed the back panel, just not sure which screws you are talking about.
Is there a piece inbetween the washer and dryer on a angle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes there is
It should have 2 screws holding it onremove it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok,we removed them, there are some diagrams or scematics on the panel

You need to remove the cabinet of the washer.You need to get to the pump and see if there is somthing in the pump.At the back of the cabinet there should be either a couple screws or clips holding it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Found the clips, once removed will we be able to get to the pump and what should we look for. Thanks for hanging with me, just really would like to know what to do , so that I can hit accept and you will be paid, you have just been the greatest

Just tip the cabinet forward and pull it off.The pump is in the middle at the bottom.It is held on with 2 clips remove them pu.ll the pump off remove hose make sure there is nothing in it.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience