I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have a Fisher Paykel Washing Machine Smart drive Model GW709AU

I have a Fisher Paykel Washing Machine Smart drive Model GW709AU top loader. 10 years old and faultless until now. When it starts to fill at start of cycle(hot/cold or warm) it stops after 5 secs, then tries to fill but then stops and repeats this about 3 times then stops trying to fill just beeps every second.
HiYa,
best1

It is just the "balance switch" got jammed with the scum. Give a good clean, it will pop-out,and work again!
The "balance switch" is located behind the panel. You can find it connects to a white plastic lever hinging down next to the dum.

If the balance switch is corroded. - parts around New Zealand $15, and takes about 5 - 10 mins to change.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I found the switch and removed it, part of the casing has broken away - corroded. I reinstalled it and the same fault recoccurred.

Should I just replace the switch as you suggested?