Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

AS ONE OF YOUR MEN SUGESTED I PURCHASED A NEW TIMER FOR THE

AS ONE OF YOUR MEN SUGESTED I PURCHASED A NEW TIMER FOR THE GE DRYER. IT WAS INSTALLED BY A LOCAL MAN IN THE HAMPSTEAD AREA AND THE SAME PROBLEM
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking Brian, I will give you the model # XXXXX the GE dryer plus parts.

GE model DDE8505SAMAA

TIMER( ORIGINAL) MODEL # XXXXX 175D1445G004

# XXXXX 162-024

083 06 MEXICO

THIS TIMER HAS 10 SPADES TO CONNECT WIRES THE NEW TIMER UNIT HAS

6 SPADES. 3 WIRES ARE NOT USED ( SO THE PARTS MAN CLAIMS ) . FOR YOUR INFO THE OLD TIMER MOTOR OPERATES WHEN I CONNECT 110 VOLTS.

I DO NOT READ 110 AT THE T & C SPADES. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE FURTHER

INFO PLEASE ASK. VTY J. BISO I PASSED THIS INFO ON TO MR LARRY 02/24

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is the timer you took out right. ? I cant bring up the new one but alott of these are made in mexico now. voltage comes to the timer off one of the thermostats down below. I would get this service man back out and have himj check your thermostats . one is bad. probably the automatic one . send me the model # XXXXX machine and I'll check what you have in this. thanks BryanPart 1231
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

BRIAN THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX TIMER LOOKS LIKE IT EXCEPT THEIR IS A SPADE IN THE TOP LEFT (D) MODEL # XXXXX OFF THE DRYER FRAME "DDE8505SAMAA'

S# XXXXX I HAVE A WIRING SCHEMATIC # XXXXX THIS MAY ASSIST YOU. LOOKING AT THE DIAGRAM IT SHOWS THERMO I-LIMIT TOP RITE, AND THE SAFETY THERMOS 2 OF THEM. WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE LOCTION OF THE ONE YOU REFER TO, THE MAN WILL VISIT ME SUNDAY MORN.

THANKS JOHN BISO PE, ME

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I AWAIT YOUR REPLY, VTY JOHN BISO
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi' sorry about delay. does your timer have this resistor on it? Part 276479this dryer has three control thermostats on it ,1 Part 276447cycling, 2 Part 276430cycling 3Part 276449high limit. have him check the L135 on the blower assembly. he can trace the wires with his meter and tell which one goes to the timer motor , heres the diagrams for the whole dryer if he needs them. if he's not getting 110 volts across the two terminals the timer motor spades conect to when you have the dryer running on high heat you have a bad thermostat, its hard for me to tell from here.. click here for diagrams, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php than ks and let me know sunday how you make out. thanks and well wishes Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

BRYAN, YES 4500 OHM RESISTOR FROM D TO T SPADE.

I WILL HAVE ROBERT ( SEVICE MAN ) DO AS YOU SPELLED OUT. I WILL WRITE

YOU AS TO THE RESULTS. THANKS AGAIN JOHN BISO

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YOU AS TO THE RESULTS. I HAVE THE SCHEMATIC WIRING THAT CAME IN THE GE PACKET. THANKS AGAIN JOHN BISO

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome John, come back and let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The other eve I was with one of your technicians and I was cut off due to power outage.

I woul like to pick up on the same subject, it's a GE profile fridge the ice maker is O.O.O. I would like to describe what I have done to date. I believe I agreed to a $25.00

rate. It is GE profile side by side model 27 installed 11/24/04, ice is formed , the paddle is free , the water line is not frozen in the ice compartment, I turned off the power switch thinking it would defrost the cubes , I closed the door switch and wached the fork to the bin spin.I am prepared to remove the unit if need be. Help , Help,.

Thanks John Biso hampstead, NC

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry I was offline for a few days. can you get me the full model # XXXXX the refrigerator? also is it the ice maker not ejecting the ice or the auger not dispeng ice through the door? I'll be in and out all morning till abouit lunch time then I'll be on the road untthis evening, let me know , thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
larry the model of the GE Fridge is Model 27 and pss2gsgpass1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi, this is Bryan, what seems to be the trouble with the ice maker, ? is it not letting you get ice through the door? or is the ice not comming out of the ice maker and dropping into the ice bin? let me know.I'll be around this evening, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan, thank you for filling in for Larry. Ice is not comming out of the ice maker.

Larry on June 5 is telling me I must get a new ice maker.

I asked larry how can I test it on the bench and wha about a wiring diagram and a

service manual, do you know if I can get info from GE on line ?

I am prepared to remove the ice maker and test it out, whAT DO YOU THINK OF

this thought, please let me know. Thank you John

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cant seem to locate the green button where is it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will I get areply from Bryan ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry John I was out, ok so the ice wont come out of the ice maker itself, but your saying the fingers are going around after you defrosted the ice maker? most likely your heater in the ice maker that releases the ice is bad. if the heater doesnt come on the the ice will not come out. unfortunately they dont sell just the heater or any parts for the ice maker itself you need to replace the whole unit, if you can get me the model 3 I know a site thats cheaper than most and I'll see if they have one, thanks, Bryan