Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a roper gas dryer model RGS6745PQ0 And it is taking

Customer Question

I have a roper gas dryer model RGS6745PQ0 And it is taking longer than usual to dry the clothes. I have removed and thoroughly cleaned the dryer lint chute and blower wheel. Also the duct work leading out of the house was cleaned as well.   When the dryer is set to cotton high with a average size load, the gas burner will come on and stay on for approx 5 min (exhaust will be hot ) the gas turns off and will stay off for approx 10 min while the burner is off the ignitor will come on approx every 45 seconds but the gas valve does not open.   (exhaust will be cool )   is this a normal cycle? I am trying to determine if the problem could be with the dryer cycling thermostat, the thermal cutoff or the flame sensor ?   this dryer is approx 2 years old. thanks Marty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

it sounds like you may need a set of gas coil soneloids. these are not expensive. and are easy tho replace . let me look them up for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The burner comes on for 5 min the off for about 10. It seems to completely cool down before the burner comes back on

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
these are your coils. they just plug in. Part 3479heres a good picture for reference. Gas Dryer Gutschange these and this should run fine. there only around $20.00 and you can order them here if you like , thanks and well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Do you think that the gas solenoids are bad because the ignitor is cyceling on and off?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes. the flame sensor you mentioned is not causing this because if it was bad the igniter wouldnt come on at all. the thermal cutoff is not a normal cause of this problem unless you vent is clogged which you said you cleaned , normaly this problem is caused by the gas coils, they get weak and cant open the valve or release the valve to close to early. I'm pretty sure this is your trouble.well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I installed the gas valve coils that you suggested and it appears to be working correctly. Thanks For your help. Marty I work for a home improvement/appliance store. I will be recommending your site to my customers.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats great , thats what I thought it would be. we do allot of these. please dont forget to press accept or I wont get paid. if you have already thanks. well wishes , Bryan