master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
13501207

my dacor oven is making a ticking noise or a buzzing noise

Customer Question

my dacor oven is making a ticking noise or a buzzing noise almost like a timer is running. i had my electrician look at it but he said it wasn't an electrical problem but one that had to do with the oven.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 8 years ago.
have you self cleaned the oven lately?? where dose sound like it is coming from? and dose the oven still work?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when i put my finger down on the button that says clock...it really isn't a button it is a flat touch surface and keep it held there...the noise stops...but the second i lift my finger off it resumes.
hmmm it could be the transformer on the board raddeling around a bit check all the screws that hold the front on make sure there tight