Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

This is in reference to a GE Profile refrigerator Model PSC23NGMBB,

This is in reference to a GE Profile refrigerator: Model PSC23NGMBB, Serial RA461256.
Everything works except that it will not crush ice. When in the crush mode, it will dispense complete ice cubes. Water dispensing and full cubes work.
Here is what I did so far:
-Checked the solenoid for function: Took it out and applied power and it works. No ice on either the rod or solenoid.
-No power being received at the connector of the solenoid.
-No power delivered from the Main Control Board to the solenoid cable. Replaced the Main Control Board. Still no power to the solenoid.
-Replaced the Dispenser Control Board. Still no power to the solenoid.
The only other item I can think of is the Control Dispenser Assembly (the one that you press for the mode of water, full cubes, crushed ice, light, etc), however the green light confirms when you press for crushed ice.
Any other ideas???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

you seem to have replaced most parts that cause this . you say no power to soleniod is this the soleniod your talking about the crushed/cube sonleniod? Part 2390
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it's the solenoid that forces the rod in place to force the ice against the crusher teeth. This is the first item I checked: Took it out and put power to it: It works.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you will need to replace the dispenser control. this sends a signal to the main board to activate the crushed ice relay on the board., this is it. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Just for clarification: I did replace the Dispenser Control Board, you're talking about the Control Display Assembly where the mode is being selected (as pictured)? Have you seen these go bad: Every button works (light, reset, water, etc..) and the mode is confirmed by a green ligh? Is there any way to test these?

I will go ahead and replace the part once you confirm. Any additional items that might be bad or is this the last one in the chain?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
teay i'm talking about the one in the picture. heres the back side of it. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I have seen these go. not allot but I have had to replace them a few times. see if you can pull this out and take a look at it see if anything looks bad . both sides. unless you got a bad main control board. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I dont see any other reason for your problem. when you push the crushed ice do you hear a click on the main board? Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No click in the main board: That's why this was the 1st item replaced.

There are two items shown in your picture:

- Dispenser Control Board (WR55X10195) => Has been replaced

- Control Display Assembly (WR55X10298) => Not replaced since it appears to be working. Is that the one you want me to replace?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
that would be my guess at this point.Bryan