Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore 417.44052400 that broke a upper tub spring.

I have a Kenmore 417.44052400 that broke a upper tub spring. I repaired the spring, now the tub won't spin. The pump seems to drain the tub. Where can I find a repair manual? Any clues what's wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you tell me if this agitates. fill with small water level and see if the agaitator turns back and forth. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

One of the two springs that hold the tub in place broke during a wash cycle. The tub dropped towards the bottom of the washer. I replaced the spring. There was still water in the tub. I put the washer on the spin cycle to empty the water out of the tub. The pump came on and some water discharged. The pump stopped, and then when I thought the tub motor should start spinning the tub, nothing happened. I tried different cycles, added some towels for weight, nothing would send it into a spin or wash.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may have a bad or clogged pump. also there is out of ballance switch in this. you may have broken this when the tub fell down. as far as the pump goes if all the water isnt out of machine it wont spin. also make sure the belt hasnt come of the pully on the tub, ceck all wiring conections also something may have come off a conection
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Pump seems fine. Belt is in position. Checked wiring connections. I'll check these again (can't hurt). Can't find a balance switch. Where would it be? Any idea where I can find a repair manual?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the ballance switch is usaully in the front on the bottom of the platic outer tub below the concrete stablizer weights, heres some diagrms that may help you locate it. let me know thanks Bryan