Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do you take a electric motor out of a Maytag dryer

How do you take a electric motor out of a Maytag dryer?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Model number is XXXXX I'm trying to take out the electric motor that turns the tub. It is a gas dryer.
first here are some diagrams on your machine, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php you need to remove the front panel first. there should be 2 screws at the bottom of the front. take them out and remove front unplug the wires on the door switch put front aside then you will see the drum support assembly. there are 5/16 screws holding this. remove them and put it asside. take the belt off and remove drum. the look at the diagrams and remove part # XXXXX then #3 then #5 and remove the blower. #4 it slides off after you remove others. then remove # XXXXX there may be 2 of these one in front and one in back of motor, slide motor out through the hole and replace in reverse. hope this answers your question, if you need more help please ask. thanks Bryan