Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag washing machine that is 31 years old. Lately

I have a Maytag washing machine that is 31 years old. Lately the agitator goes very slow and the clothes are wet at the end of the spin cycle. What is wrong. Should I have it repaired? How much will it cost? How much do people normally give you for your answers?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
these were great machines. its probably something simplecan you get us the model # XXXXX Bryan, Ill check in the morninmg early thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a small plate under the washer lid but the numbers have long since worn off. Any place else I can look?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you tip the machine up and tell me if this has two belts ? one runs right along the front to the pump on the right side and the other runs to the big pulley on the transmision. these are the belts if you do. you will need to repolace both but this is simple on these. Part 437300pump belt Part 437301this is the drive belt. you can get these here . http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b4a11c203i437301&PartID=437301 thanks Bryan, p.s. these belts stretch out and this will cause your problems.