Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my microwave will not cut on. everything seems normal other

my microwave will not cut on. everything seems normal other than having to lift up on the door to get it to come on. now that doesn't work. I noticed a red button that the door latch is suppost to press when the door is closed, and I thought I took care of that problem. What else could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
these are the door switches ,it sounds like an easy fix can you get us make and model # XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
frigidaire or electrolux FMV156DCG I super glued the red in the botton latch in to see if that was the problem but it didn't work
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

you need to replace the door switch, click here to order, http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-FMV156DCG-%3d%3d its about $15.00, hope this helps Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any other kind of sensor other than that switch and would contact cleaner possibly fix it or do you think the bracket holding it moved back to where the button wont push all the way in when the door closes
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is the only other thing that could cause this. its what pushes the switches down. but unless this is broken its probably the switch. thanks Bryan, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=