Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a kenmore stackable washer/dryer that I would like to

Customer Question

I have a kenmore stackable washer/dryer that I would like to seperate so I can get it down in this basement and then reassemble..Im not sure of the model # XXXXX hand. I would appreciate any advice..Im fairly accomplished with electric and plumbing but alas there is no manual still with it..thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.
hello,

Are these units where the dryer is stack on top of the washer?

If they are, all you have to do is remove the duct hose of the dryer if it has one. Unplug the unit. Then if it is being hold by a stacking kit, unscrew the screw holding the dryer at the back. There should be two screws at the lower bottom of the dryer.
After this was unscrewed, you can lift the dryer now.

Then on the washer, remove the inlet hose form the water tap, remove the drain line, un plug the unit, Then transfer the washer to the basement.

Do the reverse on assembling the washer and dryer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is only one plug on this stackable unit..and I tried removing screws on the L brakcets located on backside of dryer connecting to the washer..it did not pull up...should it or should it slide?
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.
ok..hold on..that is not the unit i was thingking of. I will transfer you to a collegue of mine here and wait for his response. Let me see if he is online. Then i will opt out.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Can I get the model number of the unit, please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im still looking for a solution regarding this stackable kenmore washer/dryer.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I am going to need the model number of the units please, both of them....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oh ok I didnt see your request for the model numbers. I dont know them off hand so I take it that is essential as models vary. Ill have to contact the owner to get them.. Thanks. Mike
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks, let me know....

Chas

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to take so long Chas and I was given mis-information. Its a stackable frigidare and the only model number I find on it is FLSE 72GCSA..I looked all over the washer inside and out and didnt find one on it..Hope this is enough info to help me taking them apart and relocating them..thanks so much..Mike
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
You do know this is not a stackable washer and dryer it is called a STACKED set, they come to you already assembled, they are not designed to be taken apart. every repair done on this model is done without taking the top off the bottom.....I have no idea how you are going to be able to do this, Are you trying to take it apart because you think it has to? Or is this because of space limitations...?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im trying to take it apart due to space limitations to get it down into a basement. Once its down there it will have plenty of space after being re-assembled.
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

This unit was not designed to be disassembled by a consumer.

In fact, the unit is generally never disassembled by a repair technician either.

The amount of labor and skill to re-assemble this would make the task that you are explaining an unreasonable undertaking.

Even a skilled technician would not want to do this.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie
Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances