John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a 3 year old GE Profile Trivection oven that has suddenly

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old GE Profile Trivection oven that has suddenly died. It is electric, stove top still working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send me the model #
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There's really nothing else to tell, a couple of days ago it was working and suddenly I notice the clock is off and the light doesn't come on when the oven is opened. It is completely dead. I'm thinking it's one of the boards behind the control panel on the front?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Yes you right about the clock

It s failed for sure

send me the model #

i can find one for you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

On the side of the door it says: model number & color J S998SOH1SS. During the first year one of the boards was replaced because the clock didn't keep accurate time and I figured since it was under warranty I would get it fixed. Overall I am disappointed with this ridiculously expensive oven.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-JS998SOH1SS-%3d%3dc212

Heres both the parts your looking for

Hope that helps you

Please accept

The Appliance Doc

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do you know for sure that that these are what will fix the problem and that I need both of them. They're very expensive. I have no idea how to install them. Is it easy?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi Do you have a meter to check the timer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No I don't. I'm amazed at the cost of these parts. Trying to save some money here by possible fixing. Had no clue it would be so costly. In your experience does this oven often have problems?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Yes and most of the problems

are with the clocks I see questions here every day

Here on this just answer site

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had no idea. I feel like I should complain to GE. So if the clock is fixed this will make the oven work again? How come I need two parts? Are they both for the clock? If I order them from where you directed me can I return them if they don't work? Thanks so much, just trying to understand this stuff!

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi

thats the bad part No returns on electrical parts

And you only nee the one the bigger one

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But I thought you said I needed both parts? How is it I need only one? If I purchase it and it's not what I need are you liable since I wouldn't be able to return it? You can appreciate that I don't want to end up purchasing any more than I need. Are you sure this main board is going to fix the problem?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi I would be 100 % sure, if you had a meter to check the clock

Other wise its a good guess

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know that an average home owner would have a meter reader so what should I do? Could you please answer the liability ? in my previous e-mail?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

I cannot be responsible for your purchase

Like i said without a meter And proper checking

Thats as far as I go

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks a lot for your help.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks