Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Disposer Model#GFC320F and it isnt working. I

I have a GE Disposer Model#GFC320F and it isn't working. I turn it on and the power seems fine but the turntable doesn't move and after a minute or so, it turns itself off.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

ok you probably have something jammed in this , do you have the wrench that came with this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I took the garbage disposal apart and didn't see anything there.

I have a regular wrench, nothing came with it.

ok does this buzz like it wants to start? there is a allen wrench hole in the bottom of most disposals right in the center of the bottom for unjamming these , this is one for a kitchen aid disposal. your may look diffirent though. what you need to try is find an allen wrench that fits and insert it in the hole and turn it back and forth until you get the object losse. and it spins freely. (make sure the power is off) once it moves take wrench out and try disposal. let me know Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, it buzzes like it wants to start and then stops. I don't see any holes.

have you got this unit completely out? is this it. Part 910170let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it looks like it. Yes, I got it out.
ok on the bottom there is no hole for an allen wrench? right in the center?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok this model may have a bad motor. these sometimes leak after awhile and the motor gets rusted. there probably isnt anything you can do cost affectivly to fix this. its cheaper to just replace the unit. this only costs $98.00 new. click here for site to see unit. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it looks kind of rusty in there. Should I get replaced all together?