Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Samsung side by side fridge model #RS2555SW. I just

Customer Question

I have a Samsung side by side fridge model #RS2555SW. I just replaced the icemaker it worked for a couple of days and now the ice container fills up with solid ice. The whole thing frezzes up. I tried a lower temp setting but it won't solve the problem. Water flows out of the water dispenser so its not the water. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it sounds like you may have a valve problem , let me check this model. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is there water comming into ice maker all the time until you shut the water off behind refrigerator? or does thias take a day or so to happen? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it takes a day to happen.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , more than likely your water vale on the ice maker side is sticking and allowing water to over flow into the ice maker and into the auger assembly. this is the valve ,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=as you can see it has two sides the side that runs your ice maker is bad, you need to replace the valve , you can get this at if you want or a local parts supply house , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is this located at the back of the fridge or inside the icemaker?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
on the back of refrigerator where the line from the house connects to refrigerator. this may have cdaused your original ice maker to fail. it can freeze up the ice maker and break the gear inside . shut off water and ice maker until you replace this. no use in riuning the new ice maker right? hope this helps . thanks Bryan. please press accept if I've helped you I wont get paid unless you do . well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are we still on or I have to pay more to get answers?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you dont need to pay anymore, do you have another question? just ask. thanks Bryan