Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a ge profile dishwasher model pdw9280n00ss that is just

i have a ge profile dishwasher model pdw9280n00ss that is just over a year old and it melted anything meltable.... why?
can you tell me what it melted? these have heaters in them and anything like a plastic spoon or anything plastic close to this heater can melt if its in the dry cycle . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know what melted. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it appears to have just continued to heat during the dry cycle. nothing was on the heater... it actually melted the bottom water rotating part... not sure what to call it.

it seems that whatever regulates the heat just stopped working.
the bottom spray arm assembly.? you may have a bad control board in this. this is the control board .Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=we are starting to run into allot of problems with these. I just replaced one about a week ago. it list for around $90.00 at http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-pdw9280n00ss+-%3d%3dei1028884&PartID=1028884 hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
our warranty only covers parts if it is a manufacturer issue... would this be covered? would the cost of the part out weigh the cost of the labor?
its hard to say. you can check and see if there is a recall on this, click here. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/household.html maybe its on a recall list. this is a dangerous thing to happen. try that and let me know tomorrow. thanks Bryan