Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Can I fix a 70 series washer that leaks a little water during

Customer Question

Can I fix a 70 series washer that leaks a little water during the spin cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
probably. can you get me the full model# its in the back when you lift the lid where it hinges. in the middle is the water comming out right in the middle front? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think these are right

Molel # ?23748 sereal#? c60453156 other #s 10-60-120

The water is small drops that are flung out during the spin cycle. Small drops of grease are with it

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it sounds like your pump. can you tip the machine back and check the pump. its right in the front and this is a picture of it. Part 3296you will see this in the very front in the middle. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see the pump. I see a 1 1/4 hose in front of it that goes to a white plastic canister that looks to have a little oil in it. I see a smaller hose going tward the back. All hose clamps are rusty. I don't see any water. I see some oil on one of the transmision housing? bolts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats normal to see a little oil on the bolts in these machines. ok try filling the machine and then look again to see where the water is on the floor after spin, this should give us an idea of where its comming from , after the spin tip it back and look under and also feel the pump between the motor and pump if its wet it needs to be changed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I filled to sm load. after it drained and before it spinned I checked and there was no water. I checked after it spinned and no water. Maybe it needs the weight of cloths to happen. Or maybe I need to wait till it developes more and get a repair manual so it can be delt with later.

My main question is that it is worth to fixing. The oil spooked me. Where is a good place to get a manual?

The weiredest thing tho. I was being lazy and only connected the cold water and left the end of the hot water in a bucket. The cold water did go into the machine but probably 1/4 of it went into the bucket thru the hot water hose.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yeah the valve will back leak through the hot. go to lowes and get a cap for an ouside water spicket and the rubber and cap that . heres a great video on how to take the whole machine apart and as far as fixing it its worth it. click here for video the may not look like your machine but they all come apart the same . this should get you to the point where you can fix almost anything in this machine, if I've helped you please press accept so i can get paid for my work. thanks nad you can still come back and ask me more after if you donrt close the question. well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. This is a really great thing for single women. You have been very helpfull and I appreciate it much. Thanks Smitty
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
anytime . thanks for eccepting and you can come back if you see any water as long as you dont close the question. I'll help you more if you need me.thanks Bryan